Who’s starting to see more savoury muffin options around? Have you been temped to try a savoury muffin recipe?
I know I was always very partial to muffins – particularly blueberry and chocolate chips ones. It was the cake texture as much as the sweetness. So I’ve since fallen in love with savoury muffins as my cake-like fix without the sugar hit.
The fabulous Tom and Lisa at Eat Wise are today sharing a savoury muffin recipe that you could use for a snack, a quick breakfast or even a little side to your salad.
Give it a go and see if you can swap that blueberry muffin love for a bit of feta…Enjoy!
Savoury muffin recipe: Red pepper, spinach & feta
by Lisa at Eat Wise
Makes 8 muffins
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup green veg, cooked (or fresh spinach leaves)
- 1/3 cup cooked peppers, diced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup organic sweetcorn
- Handful coriander, chopped
- Heaped tsp chipotle paste (or 1 fresh chilli, finely chopped)
- Heat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and grease an 8-hole muffin tray.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl, season well with sea salt and black pepper, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tray then bake in the oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tray a little to firm, before removing.
- Make these transportable by lining each hole of the muffin tray with a square of baking paper before cooking.
- Serve hot or cold with fresh avocado or guacamole.
EatWiseUK are a brother and sister team with a passion for creating and eating good, whole, REAL, nutrient-rich food. Check out their latest 5 Avocado Recipes ebook or follow them on Instagram for some other great savoury recipe spotting!
Have you tried savoury muffins before or are you still a fan of the sweet ones?